Amanda Aaron, MAI has over 18 years’ experience valuing real property in the New York Metropolitan Area. Known for careful attention to detail and client service, Aaron appraisal reports are crafted to address the needs of each valuation problem. Ms. Aaron’s experience includes valuation of retail, office, industrial, multi-family residential including cooperatives and condominiums, affordable housing, mixed-use commercial, land and proposed construction.
Amanda Aaron is a designated member of the Appraisal Institute (MAI), a New York State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, and a New York State Supervisory Appraiser. Ms. Aaron also serves on the Board of Directors of the New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute as 2017 Secretary and Education Chair.
Ms. Aaron supervises both experienced and junior appraisers, performs peer appraisal review for a range of properties and regularly teaches courses for the New York Metropolitan Chapter of the Appraisal Institute. Courses include a state licensing course (Using the HP12C Calculator) and an Appraisal Institute Qualifying Education Course (General Appraiser Sales Comparison Approach).
All appraisal work conforms to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and the Code of Professional Ethics of the Appraisal Institute.
Aaron Valuation is a New York City and New York State Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
- Various portfolios of multifamily and mixed-use properties throughout Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
- Proposed condominium and rental developments in Manhattan and Brooklyn and recently completed properties including a 20-story luxury multifamily property on Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Land and development sites in Lower Manhattan, Hudson Yards, Downtown Brooklyn, Williamsburg, DUMBO and Greenpoint.
- Air rights valuations of properties in Midtown Manhattan, Lower Manhattan, Hudson Yards and Downtown Brooklyn.
- Leasehold valuations and ground lease analyses for sites in Queens and Brooklyn, and a ground rent appraisal for a large former Mitchell Lama development on Roosevelt Island.
- Strip shopping centers in Bronx County, Queens County and Nassau County and a valuation of the Caesars Bay shopping center in South Brooklyn.
- Multi-tenant office, industrial loft and medical office properties in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx County and Staten Island.
- Highest and Best Use appraisal of a 75,000 square foot dilapidated industrial building in Greenpoint, Brooklyn with feasibility analysis of alternate uses.
- Market rent appraisals for a medical condominium unit in Manhattan, an industrial complex in South Brooklyn, a retail pad site in Sunset Park, and a government-owned office building on Staten Island.
- Proposed affordable housing in the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County and Westchester County with HUD financing, low-income housing tax credits and tax exempt bond financing.
- Several Level C market studies for low-income housing tax credit investors for proposed renovations of aging senior and family housing projects in New York City, Suffolk County and Westchester County.
- Regular appraisals of cooperative properties for underlying mortgage financing and for financing of Sponsor-held cooperative and condominium units. Rental fallback analysis and gross and net sellout analysis.
- Regular appraisal review work for several lending and government clients.